Horticultural Estimator: Full-time position
Are you a dynamic individual with a passion for plants and horticulture? Would you like to become part of a friendly, family-run business that supplies quality plants to garden designers and landscapers?
Who are we?
Established in 1981 we are a wholesale nursery growing perennials, grasses, potted bulbs, herbs, alpines & shrubs in the beautiful surrounds of the Kent countryside near Hever Castle. We have an annual production of 500,000 plants including the latest and most desirable varieties. We also grow for award winning gardens at the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Even in these challenging times we are looking to expand & grow our business.
This is an exciting role, liaising with garden designers for their plant needs. We piece together the jigsaw for our customers using our own comprehensive stock & from other specialist growers.
- Compiling quotes for garden designers/landscapers through our computerised nursery management system (Passfield).
- Communicating with other growers both in the UK and abroad for out-sourced plants.
- Welcoming and assisting customers both on site and on the telephone.
- Full-time, permanent role. 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday.
Who’s right for the job?
Working within a small friendly team, the successful candidate will ideally need to demonstrate the following:
- Possess a great attitude and pleasant customer manner
- Good IT skills. Experience with computerised nursery management software definitely an advantage
- A broad plant knowledge is an advantage.