Horticultural Assistant: Full-time position
Are you a dynamic individual with a passion for plants and horticulture? Would you like to become part of a friendly, family-run business that supplies quality plants to garden designers and landscapers?
Who are we?
Established in 1981 we are a wholesale nursery growing perennials, grasses, potted bulbs, herbs, alpines & shrubs in the beautiful surrounds of the Kent countryside near Hever Castle. We have an annual production of 500,000 plants including the latest and most desirable varieties. We also grow for award winning gardens at the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
To work alongside the Orders Team selecting and preparing plants for delivery.
- Collating and preparing orders for garden designers/landscapers & retailers.
- Potting up plugs/liners/bare root material.
- Stock management such as watering and pruning.
Working within a small friendly team, the successful candidate will ideally need to demonstrate the following:
- Possess a great attitude and pleasant customer manner.
- A broad plant knowledge is helpful but not essential.
- A love for working outdoors.
Who’s right for the job?
This role would suit an enthusiastic individual with the ability to work within a friendly, family run business. Working in an organised manner. Must be flexible in the daily roles depending on seasonal demands.
Full-time, permanent role. 40 hours per week.
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5pm.
Some flexibility for earlier/later shifts.